1. When you come in to contact with a loved one, you increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood which carries oxygen throughout the body, heart and brain. The increase of haemoglobin in the blood will actually help quicken the healing process.
2. It is a scientific fact that if you hug a loved one up to four times a day, you can reduce depression a great deal. It is also a fact that hugging someone eight times a day will provide a more healthy mental stability, and hugging someone 12 times a day will help the psychological development of a person.
3. High blood pressure is one factor that can lead to heart disease. Research shows that hugging a loved one can lower high blood pressure which can ultimately reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. If you hug a loved one regularly, you can help produce serotonin and dopanin. These two hormones can make you feel happy enhance your mood. As a result, you will be more in harmony with your partner, which will lead to better overall health.
5. A study done at the University of California has proven how powerful the touch of a loved one can be. A total of 25 women were studied where they were given a kind of heat that makes them feel pain. Then they were to hold a small ball, hand foreign men, and of course the partner’s hand. Miraculously, when they were holding a partner’s hand, the pain is felt much less than when they were holding a small ball or a stranger’s hand.