I shall explain a little here what Xuan Kong (flying stars) is in order to benefit our readers who are not familiar with it.
The Xuan Kong system addresses the time dimension of Feng Shui of a given property (home or office). This is an analysis of the interaction of elements (fire, earth, metal, water and wood) within the different sectors of the property and how we may enhance the good energies to give us support or suppress the bad energies by keeping them at bay. Every year we put together an annual cures kit, which cures and enhances good and bad stars; these are essential for every home and office.
If you were thinking of building a house, this is the time when we analyse the natal chart (flying star chart as below) to determine the best locations for all doors and the allocation of important rooms in order to harness the beneficial distribution of energy. Every property will have good and bad stars, the secret is placing the good stars in places like an office, bedroom, lounge or dining room and the bad ones in places like a kitchen, bathroom, en-suite, cloakroom or utility room.
In Feng Shui terms, the interaction between the energies of each sector of a Xuan Kong chart above, “the Heavenly Heart of the House” (centre of home), will affect the well-being of the household. In addition, this interaction is further influenced by the visitation of the Annual visiting energy that represents the potential influence, as well as the Monthly visiting energy that acts like a catalyst. These influences are experienced in varying degrees throughout the month because of the Daily visiting energy.
Xuan Kong update for the month
of October 2003
From October 9th to November 7th is the month of the Yang Water Dog with the ruling energy of #6 white in the central grid. The energies present during the month affect most the sector where the main door, the bedroom/door or the office are located. Please note that the facing direction of your main door or house is not necessarily where your main door is located. For more information on this please follow this link : property
What do we do with this information? Remember, in Feng Shui, the more activities within a sector, the more the energies that exist are activated. Hence the advice:
- Use the beneficial areas more and the areas of negative influences less.
- Use another door if your main door is negatively affected this month.
- Use the good sectors to solve existing problems whether they concern relationship or money matters.
There is no need to place any more cures (unless recommended to do so) as I take it that you have your annual cures 2003 kit and enhancements in place by now. Besides, the monthly energies are only temporary influences. This update is to prepare you for what is possible and to be prepared to take more care or risk in what you do.
Please be aware of other websites or newsletters that tell you that you must buy their products each month to avoid the monthly flying star negative areas. They do this to scare people into buying. There are only a couple of cures you should have to use in any month and this is normally where the #5 or #2 is located. You can use metal objects you probably have in the house already.
Check to see if there are any menacing looking structures, i.e. a sharp pointed roof, a straight road, a fly-over, a dead tree etc… directed at your building / property. These structures can transform a good combination of energies into a malignant one or can aggravate an already malevolent combination to a deadly one. If you have any of the above it would be wise to hang a Ba Gua mirror to deflect them.
This month we will see the double effects of the positive and negative influences in the different sectors, as the monthly visiting energies are the same as the yearly ones. I.e. southeast has two #5 and north has two #2 for the month.
As a special feature this month, I have also included the days where the daily energies coincide with the monthly and annual stars. On these days, 15th, 24th, October and 2nd November, the manifestation of the beneficial and negative influences of the different sectors is at its peak. An example on the 15th October we 3 x #8’s in the west and 3 x #9’s in the northeast. On a negative note though on the 15th October we have 3 x #5’s in the southeast and 3 x #2’s in the north so beware. So on these three dates above make sure you avoid the bad areas this and spend time in the good areas.
The Beneficial Sectors for the Month of Yang Water Dog are:
- The West Sector is the best sector for the month, for the year in fact, with a double #8 formation (month & annual). If your office or office door is located in this sector, you are in for a great month. This sector is excellent for wealth and career performances as the indication here is that everything goes right and nothing goes wrong!
Try to use this door or room as often as possible as this is a very effective way to activate this wonderful energy. You should also try and place a TV or music centre here to keep it active. This would also be a good room to move into this month for those whose bedrooms are in the southeast, southwest or north.
- The Northeast embraces popularity, promotions and recognition in all your efforts and contributions in the work area. Career change is a high possibility (if you are looking for one) and businesses may see new venture opportunities.
- The South is also an excellent sector generally but particularly so for those engaged in academic pursuits, research and creative work. Things will run very smoothly this month if your office or study is located in this sector of the property / building.
- The East brings excellent writing and creation luck. If romance is in your forethought, make use of this sector of the house, as the indication here is that romance will flourish.
Sectors to be aware of this month:
- The Northwest portends injuries caused by sharp metal objects may it be at work or at home. Another possibility indicated is theft. Extra security measures must be taken seriously if there are any doors or windows in this sector of the house.
- The Southwest is argumentative and is particularly bad for relationship. There will definitely be quarrels. If this is your matrimonial bedroom, please be extra patient with each other or move out of this room for the month. Which room to move into for the month? Try the east, west, north and northeast – in that order. If your office is located in thissector, keep a low profile or office politics could defeat you.
Whether it is personal or work, if there are existing legal affairs or entanglements, you may feel exhausted from spending a lot of time dealing with them. If you do have these problems and are unable to move out of this room, try relocating your desk to the west, east or south corner of the room to ease interaction. You should also burn a tea light for a few hours a day or place a table lamp with a red shade or bulb.
- The North is the residing sector for the ‘monarch of illnesses’. For those who are recuperating from sickness or ladies who are pregnant, I highly recommend that they do not spend (long periods) time in this room. They should try to rest in one of the good sectors instead like the east or west. If you are limited for space, try using the good corners (listed above) of the room and place lots of metal objects or ornaments in the north and southeast corner of the room, if you have a spare Wu Lou, six Chinese coins tied with red ribbon or a six-rod metal wind chime move it here especially if you have to spend time here.
If your front door is here, try placing metal objects or ornaments near the door to dissipate some of the negative influences of this sector.
- The Southeast is where the Five Yellow is and it is here double time (#5 annual & #5 monthly) this month so my advice is to avoid it completely. It is of paramount importance that you do not undertake any repair work, renovations, breaking ground or felling trees in this sector this month. If activated, its influence can create problems, obstacles, accidents and illnesses for the residents or the business in the office. As you know I do not normally like to recommend a product cure but a Wu Lou, six Chinese coins tied with red ribbon or six rod metal wind chime is very effective here and the north this month and one that I would not do without, especially on the 15-24 October & 2 November when all three 2 & 5 will be there, yuk.
Use another door if this is your front door. (I am locking mine permanently for this month and yes there are slight protests from the family but it is worth the while). If you have a bathroom or cloakroom here or any room you do not use much this is good news and no cure is necessary.
If this is the only door or room you use:
- Be extra careful on the road
- Do not take any unnecessary risks
- Avoid travelling if possible
I know it is hard to move out of a room but please do so if you can. If not, you can relocate your bed or desk to another good corner of the room. This is especially true for the elderly and children. Follow the link below for more details on how to avoid problems, you will find the details towards the bottom of the page xuankongjune
I hope you find this October update useful in keeping you informed of which sector is potentially auspicious or risky. Do not hesitate to write to me at email@example.com should you need to clarify anything. I will try to answer all your questions.
*** Feng Shui Consultations***
If you would like details on a traditional and authentic Feng Shui and Geopathic stress consultation on your home or business, you can either visit consultations or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01296 399100.
What if you cannot move rooms?
If you are unable to move to another room for the month, make sure your bed or work/study tables are in a more beneficial area for the month.
Example: If you or your child is in a bedroom in a bad area of the home this month, get your compass stand in the centre of your room and place the bed or desk in a more auspicious area for the month as mentioned above.
As you can see from above you can turn a bad situation into a better one, you will not only avoid many problems he will benefit from being in a good area. You must try and keep the bad area quiet so not a good idea to have a music centre in the bad area. Remember you can apply this to any room in your home so if your office is in the NE place your desk in the SW this month (make sure your back does not face SW this year).
I know it is easier said than done but moving out of a room that has temporary inauspicious Ch’i is worth it. This is so especially with health issues provided you could afford the space and rooms. If you cannot, do not fret. The effect can be minimised by relocating the bed or study/work/office table to an auspicious sector (follow example above) of the room or placing cures as recommended on this site. As I have said before, this is a monthly influence and so it will pass.
If you would like details of a consultation in the UK visit this link consultations
or if you would like details of a consultation in Europe please visit Sallie’s link fengshuieurope
To help you understand more about flying stars, finding your facing directions, using a compass and many more articles visit this link for the largest collection of traditional Feng Shui resource
You can read what our customers say about our annual cures kit by clicking here.